Oct 25, 2010

day 3 and 4 Haunted Halloween Disneyland and Ping Shan Heritage Walk

Day 3
Yeah yeah yeah Disneyland!!!! First of you need to understand that Disneyland is my favorite place on earth. I prefer the one in California cuz it's bigger and way more awesome than the one in Hong Kong but still I love it! This time it was a Halloween version of Disneyland. There were haunted houses, a tribal burial ground in Adventureland where zombies and the like come out of nowhere to scare the crap out of you, a halloween parade, and fireworks. We had so much fun and got scared really good about three or four times. We got there about 12 noon and didn't leave until 11pm so a good 11 hours of the happiest place on earth!!! And now some photos....Hooray!




















Day 4 
So I decided to try something new and go to a part of Hong Kong that I have never even knew existed and what better part of Hong Kong to explore than the New Territories. So I took the new purple line all the way to the end (almost) and went a walking to find the Ping Shan Heritage trail. Of course I immediately got lost and went a walking the wrong way, I discovered a bog and acquired quite a few bug bites. I ended up walking through this small little village and accidentally found Ching Shu Hin which is a huge temple for the Tang Dynasty emperor and some of his descendants still live in this small poor village that smells distinctly like stale water and a sewer. Anyways after finding this temple I also found a trail map that showed me where all the other buildings were. the buildings i saw were the Tsui Shing Lau Pagoda, Sheung Cheung Wai, a Shrine of the Earth God, Yeung Hau Temple, an Old Well, Kun Ting Study Hall, Hung Shing Temple, Tang Ancestral Hall, Hall of Shut Hing Study Hall, and the Ping Shan Tang Clan Gallery. Although the last one is closed on Mondays. 
This place was pretty sweet cuz i literally felt like I had just gone to a different country, it might have smelled a bit and it was very odd that these super old and crumbling buildings had people living in them. Some of these people had no doors on their homes just a little curtain for a door, and there were these little shops with just the bare minimum of supplies no grocery shops. I may have felt a little out of place since these people have literally never or rarely seen anyone white enter into their little villages. I may or may not have also seen a little triad drug deal or something going down as they all looked a little mean, okay a lot mean, and were staring at me like i had just walked into someplace I shouldn't. I just discretely slipped my camera into my bag and calmly kept walking straight ahead. lol Anyways fun times and here are a few pics...






















No comments:

Post a Comment